COOL-FIT ABS Plus
COOL-FIT® ABS Plus is a pre-insulated plastic piping system for unrivaled energy efficiency and tough secondary cooling and refrigeration.
COOL-FIT® ABS Plus is ready to install on chilled water, air conditioning systems and/or secondary refrigeration systems outside or where high efficiency is required. COOL-FIT® ABS Plus is ideal for the transportation of chilled water, iced water, salt solutions, glycol solutions and organic salt solutions. The system is water and vapor tight.
- d25 – d315 mm (¾” – 12″)
- PN10 (up to 150 PSI)
- -50°C to 40°C (-58°F to 104°F)
- Solvent (Cement) Weld
- ISO 15493
- DIN 3441
- Acrylonitrile-Butadiene-Styrene (ABS)
- GF PE100 Industrial Polyethylene (PE)
- Polyurethane Rigid Foam Insulation (PUR)
Fields of Application:
- Food Processing
- Cold Stores
- Industrial Chilled Water
- Simple and cost-effective installation; reduced costs for pipe hanging
- No corrosion
- Top quality and efficient, maintenance-free system
- Reduced energy consumption as well as resource conservation
- Environmentally friendly
- High impact resistance, even at very low temperatures
- Temperatures are maintained accurately due to low heat conductivity
- Suitable for outdoor applications: UV and weathering resistant
- Water and vapor tight
- You can adapt the system to your particular needs
- Light weight
PART 2 – PRODUCTS – MATERIALS
2.1 ABS Carrier Pipe and Fittings
- Raw Material GF Piping Systems ABS pipes and fittings shall be manufactured from acrylonitrile butadiene styrene, ABS. The raw material used shall be a material for use with pressure bearing plastic pipe systems in accordance to EN ISO 15493 and/or ASTM F2806.
- Physical Properties – The ABS carrier pipe and fittings shall be manufactured to metric sizes in accordance with the requirements of EN ISO 15493 and/or ASTM F2806, supplied by GF Piping Systems
2.2 PUR Insulation
- The insulating material shall be hard polyurethane foam, PUR, with a thermal conductivity, landa value, of ≤ 0.026 W/mK and a density of ≥ 45 kg/m³.
2.3 PE Outer Jacket
- The outer jacket shall be manufactured from PE, high density polyethylene, black. Colours of the jacket shall be black to RAL 9004. The black jacket shall be UV resistant according to EN ISO 16871.
PART 3 – EXECUTION
- Solvent Cement Jointing and Installation – Should be in accordance with GF Piping Systems Guide to the Installation and Use of Plastic Pipelines.